Job Title - Commercial Development Executive
Contract - PermanentSalary - Circa £35,000
Location -Wales RegionOverall objective:
Duties and responsibilities:Key Performance Indicators:
- To manage a book of business of existing clients and develop a pipeline of new business in relation to commercial insurance, whilst ensuring full FCA compliance.
- To generate revenue for the business and ensure a quality service is provided to all clients in accordance with their needs and requirements.
- Ensure all Key Performance Indicators are achieved (new business, renewals, cross selling, renewal/retention ratio and overall profitability) and are attained compliantly with FCA regulation.
Ensure accuracy, efficiency and professionalism when dealing with both client and insurer:
- Prospect new leads
- Client visit/initial contact
- Identification of needs
- Negotiation and presentation to insurers in order to secure most appropriate cover for the client
- Presentation of recommendations and cover to the client
- Closing the sale and ensuring cover is on risk
- Securing cross selling business and referrals
- Monitor own sales performance in line with targets and effectively manage the client portfolio
- When transacting business, be conscious of profitability to both the underwriters and the brokerage, and costs of client handling (including the scheduling of client visits).
- Ensure all business activity fully complies with FCA regulation and company procedures as detailed in the Conduct Polices and Guides to Best Practice.
- Handle any complaints in accordance with regulation, the Company's Conduct Policy and Guide to Best Practice.
- Conduct learning, training and assessment exercises in accordance with the individual T&C scheme applicable to you. Identify further areas for development as required.
- Achieve and maintain a high level of customer service and promote exceptional customer care standards at all times.
- Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with all clients and ensure expert advice in all areas of business.
- Liaising with the Account Handler when applicable
- Be aware of the contents of the company's Guides to Best Practice and ensure a full understanding of the following subjects, as a direct relation to the role. Ensure full compliance to the procedures contained within the Guides
- Commercial business
- Consumer business (if applicable)
- Consumer Credit
- Contract Certainty
- Errors & Omissions
- Training and Competence
- Conflicts of Interest
- Treating customers fairly
- Whistle Blowing
- Financial Crime
- Data Security and General Data Protection Regulator
- Record Keeping
- Ensure compliance to the company's employment policies and procedures as contained within the Employee Handbook.
- Ensure compliance with the Individual Conduct rules and Conduct policies.
- Ensure all other company practices and procedures are followed and adhered to.
- Where appropriate take responsibility for meeting the reporting requirements of the FCA
- Where required ensure staff are adhering to FCA compliance. Perform regular file and sales audits.
Person specification:Knowledge / experience
- Develop and maintain effective and valuable relationships with insurers and underwriters for the benefit of the company and its clients.
- Comply with the administration requirement of any given insurer.
- Assimilate all company literature circulated by the firm or its agencies.
Skills / ability
- Extensive knowledge of most commercial products
- Previous experience working as an Account Executive role or Senior Account Handler role in a similar broking environment
- Experience of dealing with clients at face to face meetings and over the telephone
- Building strong and sustainable working relationships
- Experience of delegating work to/supervising an Account Handler
Qualification / education / training
- Proven track record in sales and achieving growth in commercial insurance
- Confident and expert communicator
- Self-managing and ability to organise own workload
- Effective diary management
- Cert CII qualified, working towards or motivation to qualify