Job Title: Area Supervisor (Company Car)
Location: Preston & Chorley
Salary: £12 p/h
Hours: 20 Hours
Sector and Sub-sector: Facilities Management Maintenance
Start Date: ASAP
Role & Responsibilities
Akton are recruiting for one of the fastest growing independent facilities management companies in the UK. Their USP lies in their customer focused approach and flat management structure, allowing them to respond rapidly and make important decision swiftly for their customers. This customer-focused approach has enabled them to attract business from a wide range of prestigious businesses and public sector organisations across the UK.
The Position is to work as part of the team to deliver services and manage contracts for various sectors around Preston and Chorley. In some cases you may be asked to work in other areas to assist the business. You will work predominantly Monday to Friday, some weekend work will be required for business needs.
A company car along with a Fuel Card, Company Phone & laptop will be supplied. Applicants must be flexible and adaptable and be able to manage change.
The role will involve visiting sites during the cleaning shifts, monitoring, recruitment and training, along with health & safety checks, if necessary, the covering of jobs and organising relief staff for sickness and holiday cover.
Cleaning tasks can include Toilets, Changing Rooms, Vacuuming, Dusting, Internal, Mopping, Sweeping & Floor Buffing & Occasionally Carpet Cleaning.
Your role will be very varied but will include:
- Client liaison and contract management, Monthly client meetings
- Staff liaison, HR-related staff meetings
- Induction and training of staff on equipment, cleaning practices and use of chemicals.
- Conducting on-site audits
- Setting up new contracts, will include creating cleaning specifications and inducting new staff
- Covering annual leave/sickness/helping when required. Required to clean as a last resort
- Placing stock orders and maintaining budgets
- manage holidays and absences within the team, ensuring there is adequate coverage and that cleaning standards are not reduced
- recruitment of cleaning staff
Personal attributes and experience:
- Commercial cleaning experience, ideally in a school environment
- Experience in a Supervisory / Managerial role
- Flexible approach to your working week
- Reliable and hardworking
- Hold a full clean manual driving licence & happy travelling
- Able to work on iPad/laptops
If you meet the Cleaning Area Manager requirements and feel the role would be a good fit for you, then please apply today!
- Full Training will be given
- A Uniform will be provided.
- A Full clean Driving Licence Is Essential
The working hours for this position are flexible. The candidate will be expected to complete 20 hours per week either before OR after school hours. This would usually be done as a split however, we are very flexible and would be happy to discuss your ideal hours.