Come join the team!
This is a 7p-7a position, with sign-on bonuses up to $20,000 for experienced RNs!
SSM Health St. Louis University Hospital is looking to grow our team of nurses. For nearly 30 years, SSM-SLUH has been a designated Level 1 Trauma Center for Missouri and Illinois. Our LEVEL 1 Time Critical Diagnosis hospital in Stroke, Trauma and STEMI, is at the forefront of ground-breaking medical treatments, procedures, clinical trials, and comprehensive patient care.
Fulfill your calling with SSM Health! Join our team today!
Provides leadership and coordination of unit staffing while ensuring implementation of clinical objectives and quality patient care.
- Assigns, directs, educates and monitors nursing and support staff during assigned shift. Contributes to or performs performance evaluations of staff.
- Assesses daily patient care needs and develops and distributes patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate patient care is given.
- Collaborates with advanced practice providers to ensure quality outcomes.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care and identifies any issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Responds to complaints about patient care and manages through established channels.
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, developing and evaluating staff.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- One year of registered nurse experience
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.