We are looking for a compassionate Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) who leads by example, knows how to motivate others, and promotes teamwork. Our charge nurses make a difference in the lives of our residents and patients by developing relationships with them and ensuring they get the best care possible.
If you enjoy leading a team that's focused on making life better for others, we want you to join our AHC staff. As an LPN or RN charge nurse, your skills will be rewarded with competitive pay, generous benefits and opportunities to expand your capabilities and advance in your career.
In this leadership role, you'll provide personalized health care to residents and supervise other caregivers to ensure the comfort and safety of those we serve. Typical daily tasks include:
- Directing the day-to-functions of nursing aides and support staff
- Providing or monitoring direct, prescribed nursing care to residents, such as changing dressings, drawing blood, changing catheters, inserting or removing NG tubes, etc.
- Updating care plans as needed and notifying physician or advanced practitioner about changes in a resident's condition
- Performing administrative duties like documenting assessments and ordering supplies
- Admitting, transferring and discharging residents
- Performing emergency procedures like CPR and, in the event of death, notifying family and appropriate parties
WORK EXPERIENCE, CREDENTIALS AND EDUCATION
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Currently licensed in the state of Tennessee as a licensed practical nurse (LPN), required
- Currently licensed in the state of Tennessee as a registered nurse (RN), preferred
- Current CPR Certification
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, shift changes and weekends
- Job will require frequent lifting of objects up to 50 pounds
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Our Organization does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic(s) protected by federal, state, and local laws. The Organization will also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities should a request for an accommodation be made.
Licenses & Certifications
- CPR Certification
- Licensed Practical Nurse