PE Global is currently recruiting a Travel Category Manager for a 6-month contract role with a leading medical devices client based in Watford - Hybrid role.
- Providing Travel Category input into the Category Director in order to inform the functional objective setting process
- The delivery of the Travel category targets (including Cost, Risk & Quality)
- Overseeing the collation of supplier, supply market and internal business data and information in order to inform the Travel Category strategy
- Developing the Travel Category Strategy, including relevant stakeholder approval.
- Communication and execution of the Travel Category strategy with the relevant stakeholders.
- Identifying key supplier risks within the Travel Category and agreeing mitigating activities with the relevant Sub-Category Leaders and business stakeholders
- Ensuring that any escalated supplier performance risks and issues are resolved on a timely basis
- Development and execution of projects based on the Travel Category strategy and accountable for business planning activities feeding into the Procurement Pipeline and delivery of the associated savings.
- Ensuring that the Category projects agreed to within the Travel Global Category Strategy are executed in a timely basis in line with the targeted goals
- Establishing overall Travel supplier segmentation and identification of key supplier relationships across the Global Category
- Establishing and implementing consistent KPIs for the Human Resources Category
- Driving the client's innovation agenda with strategic suppliers within the Travel Category
- Ensuring that all appropriate Operational Procurement activities and Processes are delivered in line with the Procurement Operating Model (e.g. leads the adoption of the GBS Procurement Organisation)
- Responsible for monitoring compliance and adherence to Procurement policies and procedures within the Human Resources Category
- Graduate level. MCIPS desirable
- Minimum 10 years Procurement experience
- Minimum 2 years Specific Travel Category management experience
- Experience of working with Large global travel management companies.
- Experience working in a matrix structure
- Extremely well-developed influencing, negotiation and communication skills
- Strong time management and personal organisation skills
- Team leadership and teamwork skills for cross-functional activity
- Adept at developing and implementing Procurement strategies
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV
Please click the link below to apply, call Alba on + or alternatively send an up to date CV
Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK
Although it is not possible for us to respond to all applications, we at PE Global will do our upmost to give you feedback on your application. You have sent your Cv into us as a company and even though you have sent your CV to a particular position, we are making the reasonable assumption that you are active on the job market and as part of our normal recruitment service we will discuss other suitable positions with you. You are free to opt out of this so please specify in your application to us if you just want to be contacted in relation to a specific vacancy. Your Cv is sent to a central recruitment inbox which a number of people in the applicable PE Global division have access to and so this means that you might not be contacted by the named person in this advert.