Job Title - Broker Development Manager Contract - Permanent Salary - Circa £60,000 dependent on experience Location - Scotland
This is a true Business Development role: an excellent opportunity to drive and develop business relationships with insurers, brokers and corporate clients. Strategic long term relationship building will be key to your success, focussing on all cross-selling opportunities.
You'll be working across all Operational areas of the business, facilitating client requirements, interfacing between all employees to gain leads, new business stream opportunities and commercial gain. This will also involve liaising with the wider Sales and Marketing team in responding to new business opportunities and preparing tender documentation.
Developing client relationships by understanding and meeting client requirements, including qualitative and service standards, will be paramount along with establishing close working relationships with Operational Business Heads throughout the business.
You'll be a product expert who will constantly liaise with internal departments to ensure that agreed targets are met, facilitating and managing all handovers to account manager for the ongoing development of the client relationship, working in partnership to deliver against budgeted revenue margin case numbers.
You'll be a known name within the Broker Market, with a successful track record in converting opportunities to sustainable business, combined with the ability to prioritise and manage a challenging and sometimes complex workload. You'll also have/be;
- Well networked within the Broker market, able to influence at all levels
- Exposure to strategic as well as tactical operational levels
- Sound budgetary financial awareness
- Develop new business by cross selling to existing clients, building upon strong relationships with the key clients and identifying new opportunities
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and/or awareness of FSA procedures and the TCF initiative
- Be solution and action oriented in order to deliver against targets.
- Demonstrate a flexible and resilient management style
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects to deliver results within agreed timescales
- Basic ability to use Microsoft Office programmes (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Due to the nature of the business, this role is subject to a satisfactory basic DBS check.
For a full brief please contact one of our specialist consultants:-