Operations is at the heart of Amazon customer experience. Each action we undertake is done on behalf of our customers. For more information about Amazon Operations, visit:
The role of Area Manager is the first point of contact within Operations for the different business lanes, an essential position that executes the goals of the site. Reporting directly to an Operations Manager, you will be providing motivational and inspirational guidance to a large team of associates on different shifts.
• Possibility to join our "affinity groups", because our culture of inclusion is what makes our company unique and with an environment where our employees feel valued, trusted and connected;
• Extensive onboarding process;
• Multiple training programs;
• Mentorship programs;
• Great career development opportunities within Amazon (also in other areas and regions);
• More information about the benefits at this link:
Key job responsibilities
• Work closely with Operations Managers to understand the site's goals and execute them;
• Plan the day and attend flow meetings;
• Maintain inventory accuracy;
• Make sure KPIs targets are being met by the team;
• Coaching and development of the team members;
• Ensure that all workflows run smoothly and that customer expectations are met.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • You hold an official degree in any field;
• Previous experience as a manager, involving sizable teams;
• Excellent communication skills. Fluency in written and spoken English and German;
• Ability to work with a flexible schedule.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Previous experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment;
• Previous experience with Lean management methodologies (Lean Six Sigma and/or Kaizen);
• Strong analytical skills to dig into data and find solutions for a variety of operational problems.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice () to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.