We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO is seeking to hire an experienced Growth Markets Relationship Manager for Alternatives to further develop the strategic distribution of our alternatives products. Strategies in this area include hedge funds (e .g. Macro, Long/Short Credit, quantitatively-driven approaches such as Alt Risk Premia, Trend following), and flagship opportunistic private credit/Real Estate solutions.
This Account Manager position will lead a team, set strategy and implement a plan for generating new business in PIMCO's alternative investment strategies across large private banking and retail/broker-dealer platforms. The Account Manager will be part of PIMCO's US GWM Growth Markets. The role is to be based in New York City, NY and will report to the MD Head of Growth Markets.
This position requires a dynamic, diplomatic and collaborative professional. The successful candidate will:
- Have a proven history of selling alternatives funds across global wealth management platforms or winning consultant approvals for such funds.
- Illustrate the ability to develop and monetize strong relationships with strategic distribution platforms such as private banks, Trusts and broker-dealers.
- Demonstrate the ability to earn the trust and credibility of fellow Account Managers, Portfolio Managers, Product Strategists and other PIMCO professionals and to collaborate effectively.
- Provide thought leadership in identifying new/innovative business opportunities and supporting U.S. GWM group to develop our Growth Markets initiative.
The Growth Markets Account Manager for U.S. GWM will be responsible for curating PIMCO's go-to- market strategy for Alternatives against the largest private banking platforms. The candidate will also support the growth and implementation of PIMCO's interval fund franchise (currently a growing $4.3bn AuM business).
- Develop and execute a business plan in conjunction with existing Strategic Account Managers to identify and expand access to PIMCO's alternative investment strategies.
- Effectively source new client platforms to expand shelf space and align growth initiatives
- Work with strategic partner platforms to assess investment needs and recommend suitable solutions
- Contribute to efforts to promote PIMCO alternatives though conferences, events and other branding strategies.
- Develop and build comprehensive relationships with the platform's alternative leadership
This individual will:
- Demonstrate the ability to organize and communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Possess excellent knowledge of alternative investment strategies and portfolio management.
- Appreciate the institutional-like sales process and familiarity with the multiple players involved.
- 6-12 years of strategic ("key") account business development experience across alternatives including private equity style vehicles, customized strategies and hedge funds.
- Candidates with a specific background selling:
- Corporate strategies (stressed/distressed, corporate lending, mezzanine, etc.)
- Real estate strategies (lending and real estate equity)
- Structured credit strategies
- Alternative risk Premia strategies
- An advanced degree such as an MBA is preferred for this role though candidates with a CFA or CAIA designation will also be considered.
In addition to displaying a strong commitment to PIMCO's culture, values and approach, personal characteristics for this role include:
- Outstanding relationship building skills
- Ability to influence others
- Effective communication of complex investment ideas
- Unassailable ethics, integrity, and humility
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office